Registration is now Closed
SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON WATERCOLOR SOCIETY PROSPECTUS
Spring Exhibition April 1 – 28, 2023
Open Call to Artists
From Clark, Lewis, Skamania, Pacific, Cowlitz, Klickitat, and Wahkiakum counties
Registration: March 1 - March 22
Art Take-In Saturday, April 1, 10:00 - 1:00 PM
SWWS and Ridgefield Art Association 2023 dues paid members and guest artists from the seven counties
Watercolor or water media paintings created within the past two (2) years and not previously shown at an SWWS show.
Paintings must be original work of the submitting artist.
No copies of other artists’ or photographers’ works are
acceptable. You may only use photographs from
friends, family, and yourself as resource material.
Paintings of nudes must be pre-approved by an SWWS
committee. Please request registration.
SWWS reserves the right to refuse any painting not
meeting prospectus requirements.
Registration Fee for two framed artworks and one 3D: The fee is $25 for SWWS and RAA members. Non-member fee is $35. Payment is due at registration.
FRAMING REQUIREMENTS for JUDGED ART
Paintings must be matted and framed, except for canvas, cradle board, or float frame (see below).
Framed work must be protected by Plexiglas (acrylic) if the painting is over 18” x 24” (excluding frame).
Small sculptural 3D artworks should be coated.
Frames must be two (2) inches wide or less.
Plain and neutral frames will be allowed.
Maximum outside frame dimensions 36 x 42 inches
Triptych and diptych paintings must conform to the
maximum dimensions as a whole painting.
Limit of 25 pounds for completed artwork.
Mats must be either white or off-white.
Liner: One colored liner, maximum one-half inch (1/2")
Cradle-mounted work and float frames must be no
greater than two inches deep, with a finished edge,
and be protected by a transparent coating.
Paintings must be ready to hang with D-ring style
hangers attached to the frame.
Taut, plastic-coated picture wire must be attached to
the frame. Unacceptable: Screw eye or saw tooth hangers, clips, electrical wire or uncoated metal wire.
PICK UP PAINTINGS Sat. April 29, 1- 3 PM
• If you cannot pick up your art send a substitute.
The juror is Lori Hess
Artists Awards to be presented at 2:00 PM on Monday, April 3, 2023
Ridgefield Community Library
210 N Main Avenue, Ridgefield, WA 98642 Viewing Hours: Monday - Saturday
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday open until 7:00 PM
• The Artist may submit two (2) paintings for judging. One additional 3D artwork or paper sculpture may be submitted. 3D artwork is displayed on glass shelves. The maximum size is 10 x 10 inches for 3D.
• Entries must be on an acid-free surface (for example watercolor paper, Yupo, canvas, wood panel, or cradle board). The only acceptable collage material is original water media on paper and executed by the artist.
• Printed and/or computer-generated material is not acceptable.
• Those who handle the show will take every precaution. SWWS will not assume responsibility for loss or damage to paintings.
• By entering the show, the artist gives SWWS the right to use printed and electronic images of the paintings for SWWS promotional and educational purposes, including the SWWS website, brochures, and press releases.
• Photos taken before each painting is framed or sculpture created are helpful for use by SWWS for their website. DO NOT submit photos with your registration. We will ask for them.
• Buyers must contact the Artist directly to purchase. • The Artist’s contact information is on the wall tag.
• Buyers will write checks directly to the Artist.
• Credit card sales must be arranged by the Artist.
• SWWS and Ridgefield Community Library are not responsible for sales.
• Buyers should collect their purchases after 1:00 PM on Saturday, April 29.
• Out-of-town buyers may take home a painting at time of purchase by arrangement with the Artist.
JoyLynn Woodard, Show Chair
The Registration fee must be paid online at swwswatercolor.org or mailed to
SWWS, PO Box 2876, Vancouver, WA 98668-2876 by Mar 22.